From:
Paul Durbin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Oct 1994 16:28:37 EDT
Hello,

We are in the process of looking for a micro-computer based system to
automate our map library.  Currently, our entire library is automated
using NOTIS, but the map library will soon be on it's own and needs a
smaller, non-mainframe based system.

I am curious to see whether anyone has any positive or negative comments
about particular micro-computer based systems with respect to maps.  Most
of the literature I have seen has been geared towards book collections.
Also, does anyone have advice or experience to relate
about the automation of a map library?

Please respond to me, and I will summarize for the list.

Thank you,

Lynn Kumaraswamy ([log in to unmask])
National Geographic Society Library
Map Librarian