From:
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 1997 17:17:20 EDT
This message is from Eve Tang.------------------------------Johnnie

>Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 13:47:34 +0200 (EET)
>From: Eve Tang <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Innopac

Dear Colleagues,

The National Library of Estonia is in the process of implementing the
Innopac. Our library has chosen USMARC. We have received the Innopac demo,
but it does not show much.

Actual cataloguing in USMARC will begin only in late August, but we must
fill out the worksheets with our suggestions and send them to Innopac
corp. before the end of May. Therefore I thought it would be useful to
know more before the cataloguing begins.

I was wondering if
1. there are any other map libraries using Innopac?
2. there is any special material for describing maps in USMARC?
3. special mailing lists exist for Innopac map cataloguers?

Any good suggestions would be very welcome.

Eve Tang
Map Librarian
Cartography Section of the Fine Arts Dept.
T=F6nism=E4gi 2
Tallinn EE0100
ESTONIA