From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:57:43 -0500
Dear Maps-L people ... will you help spread the word?

On my campus there is an email reflector for the School of Information Studies (Librarians) and another in the Geography Department.  I plan to send the email below to them inviting potential future map and geospatial professionals to join Maps-L. I ask you kindly to do the same if you're able. If you have a reflector or a way to contact the students on your campus who will someday be our future professionals, please invite them to join us on Maps-L.  Please feel free to replace my signature at the bottom with your own or to briefly edit the posting to fit your needs.

Kind regards ... Angie

Geospatial Systems Forum for librarians and other professionals dealing
with cartographic materials.

Maps-L is an international discussion list started in 1991 by  Johnnie
Sutherland of the University of Georgia Map Library. The discussion list
has served the map librarian community for 14 years by providing a
"forum for librarians dealing with cartographic information,
cartographers, remote sensors, geographers, and cartomaniacs of all
types."

The subject that ties everything together is cartographic information in
all its forms, formats and uses.  Topics discussed include anything
related to map libraries, map
acquisitions, cartographic materials cataloging, cartographic
information systems, remote sensing systems, geography and cartomania in
general. Announcements of interest to map and geospatial librarians are
frequently posted and Maps-L is a great way to stay up-to-date regarding
professional activities.

For more information on subscribing, searching the archives and posting
to Maps-L, visit here:

http://www.uwm.edu/Libraries/AGSL/welcome_to_mapsl%20forum.html

<http://www.listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=maps-l&A=1>

I look forward to seeing you on Maps-L!