From:
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:56:56 -0400
Subject: Open vs. closed stacks and floor plans
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 13:38:55 -0400
From: Tom Cutshall <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Dear MAPS-L,

   As a new map cataloger I have enjoyed the great information shared on
this
listserv. May I join in the discussion with the following questions:

1. What do you see as the benefits and drawbacks to users, staff, and
collection to having open (but supervised) vs. closed stacks for the general
(non rare) map collection?

2. Do you have any good map collection floor plans/layouts that you could
direct me to on the web or send directly to me as e-mail attachment?

Your help with the above questions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tom

Tom Cutshall
Map Cataloger