From:
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 2011 11:50:47 -0600
Subject:        Suggestions on spatial data catalogs
Date:   Fri, 9 Dec 2011 17:35:18 +0000
From:   Kollen, Chris <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

Hi:

In the MAGERT, GeoTech Committee, several of us working on a
subcommittee that’s investigating spatial data catalogs. Other
subcommittee members include Joy Suh, Cynthia Deitz, and Angie Lee.

The subcommittee’s goal is to make recommendations to the GeoTech
Committee on setting up a spatial data catalog for our respective
libraries. We have a list of spatial data catalogs we are planning on
looking at. We are interested in learning if there are any newly
released spatial data catalogs developed by universities that we may
want to consider as part of our work.

If anyone has recommendations of spatial data catalogs developed by
Universities that are relatively recent, please send them to me.

FYI – We’ve already added the Tufts instance of the Open GeoPortal to
our list.

Thanks

Chris Kollen

Chris Kollen

Data Curation Librarian

Scholarly Publishing and Data Management Team

University of Arizona Library

P.O. Box 210055

Tucson, AZ 85721-0055

/Phone number: 520-305-0495/