From:
Charles Neuschafer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 14:34:05 EDT
Does anyone know of a web site (perhaps one linked to the U.S. Census Bureau)
that will let me find historical population data?

The information I'm seeking is simply the population figures for various
towns and cities in the U.S. at each decennial census. (This data is not
considered confidential, as far as I know, and is not closed off to public
access for 70 years.)

I need this information to help date maps in our collection. (Oftentimes a
map will not have an issue date...but it may give a population figures for
given towns.) I would like to be able to type in the name of a city or town
and get the decennial population figures up through the most recent census.

Any and all assistance will be appreciated.

Charles Neuschafer
New World Maps