From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2006 10:50:24 -0500
recycled news from lismaps ...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        ANN: National Geographic Chooses MAPublisher and Geographic
Imager
Date:   Mon, 1 May 2006 10:35:51 -0400
From:   Ted Florence <[log in to unmask]>

To:     maps-l

PRESS RELEASE

        For Immediate Release

National Geographic Society Chooses MAPublisher and Geographic Imager
- Leading map producer adopts Avenza's products for its magazines' maps

Toronto, ON, May 1, 2006 - Avenza Systems Inc., producers of MAPublisher
cartographic software for Adobe Illustrator and Geographic Imager
spatial tools for Adobe Photoshop announces that National Geographic
Magazine in Washington, DC has chosen both MAPublisher and Geographic
Imager for their map creation needs.

Multiple MAPublisher licenses of both products have been purchased by
the NGS, along with onsite MAPublisher training for its cartographic
designers.

"We are thrilled to include National Geographic among the many prominent
users of MAPublisher and Geographic Imager who have invested in multiple
licenses of our products," said Ted Florence, president of Avenza
Systems Inc. "NGS is recognized the world over as a leading producer of
high quality cartographic products and we are delighted to extend our
ongoing relationship with them and to continue to work with them in the
future," he added.

"We are very pleased to be able to include MAPublisher and Geographic
Imager in our map creation workflows," said Bill McNulty, of National
Geographic Magazine.

More about MAPublisher
MAPublisher is powerful map production software for creating
cartographic-quality maps from GIS data. Developed as a suite of
plug-ins for Adobe Illustrator and Xtras for Macromedia Freehand,
MAPublisher leverages the superior graphics editing capabilities of
these applications with the strength and power of GIS data.  Full
details and downloadable demo versions are available at www.avenza.com.

More about Geographic Imager
MAPublisher is powerful map production software for creating
cartographic-quality maps from GIS data. Developed as a suite of
plug-ins for Adobe Illustrator and Xtras for Macromedia Freehand,
MAPublisher leverages the superior graphics editing capabilities of
these applications with the strength and power of GIS data.  Full
details and downloadable demo versions are available at www.avenza.com.

More about the National Geographic Society
Founded in 1888, The National Geographic Society is now the largest
nonprofit scientific and educational institution in the world. After
more than a century the NGS is today propelled by new concerns: the
alarming lack of geographic knowledge among young people and the
pressing need to protect the planet's natural resources. The NGS
continues to develop new and exciting vehicles for broadening its reach
and enhancing oits legendary ability to bring the world to its millions
of members.

More about Avenza Systems Inc.
Avenza Systems Inc. is a privately held, award-winning supplier of
powerful map-making software and affordable geodata products. Led by its
flagship MAPublisher product for Adobe Illustrator and Macromedia
Freehand and new Geographic Imager suite for Adobe Photoshop, Avenza has
brought GIS and geographic workflows to the mainstream graphics and
imaging environments. The Company also offers product training and
consulting services. Visit www.avenza.com for more details.

For further information:
Avenza Systems ? 416-487-5116 ? [log in to unmask] ? www.avenza.com

--
Ted Florence

Geographic Imager for Adobe Photoshop is now available!!
MAPublisher 6.2 for Adobe Illustrator CS2 is now available.
Order your copy today at http://www.avenza.com/products.ordering.html
One-on-one Live Online Demos Now Offered - http://www.avenza.com/livedemo.html

MAPublisher - When Map Quality Matters
Avenza Systems (416) 487-5116 http://www.avenza.com
Developers of Geographic Imager, MAPublisher, MAPdataUSA, MAPublisher-GPS
Bridging the gap between your GIS and major graphics software

--

ANGIE COPE
American Geographical Society Library
UW Milwaukee
2311 E. Hartford Avenue
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201

http://www.uwm.edu/Libraries/AGSL/index.html
Hours: M-F 8:00am-4:30pm
(414)229-6282 / (800)558-8993 (US TOLL FREE) / (414)229-3624 (FAX)