From:
"Reese W. Plews" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 2021 19:03:45 +0900
Dear Maps-L members

We are a group of people working with terminology as one way of creating
interoperable solutions across subdomains and domains. On several
occasions we have realized that different terms are used for the same
concept (and vice versa), this situation can cause confusion at all
levels of use. In order to take the first step out of this potential
confusion, we have decided to have a virtual workshop in April where
this problem will be discussed.

Join us on the 13th and the 15th of April for an exchange of views on
how to achieve a shared understanding of concepts - terminology and
definitions - across domains.

Practical information

     Day 1: April 13, 2021, 3 hours from UTC 13:00 [ 1 ]

     Day 2: April 15, 2021, 3 hours from UTC 05:00 [ 2 ]

More information can be found at https://sharedconcepts.github.io
or by email to:   [log in to unmask]

Please be sure to register on the website so you will receive any
updates and the meeting Zoom link.

The organizers of the workshop consist of people from ISO/TC211’s
Terminology Maintenance Group, Ribose (host of Geolexica) and the Danish
Agency for Data Supply and Efficiency.

There are some opportunities to make a presentation about related work
you may be doing. If you are interested, please contact the organizers,
as shown on the website.

Please feel free to forward this invitation to your colleagues or other
organizations who may be interested in this workshop.

On behalf of the organizers

---

[ 1 ]
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2021&month=4&day=13&hour=13&min=0&sec=0&p1=136&p2=69&p3=102&p4=248&p5=240&p6=264&p7=137&p8=263