From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Maps, Air Photo & GIS Forum
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 2009 11:02:45 -0600
Subject:        RE: Historical Topographic Maps!
Date:   Fri, 11 Dec 2009 11:35:12 -0500
From:   Thompson, Thelma <[log in to unmask]>
To:     'Maps, Air Photo & GIS Forum' <[log in to unmask]>

Update from University of New Hampshire: http://docs.unh.edu/nhtopos/nhtopos.htm
We have all the 15' topos for New England and New York scanned as quarter quads at 200 dpi.  Higher resolution 600 dpi, georeferenced 15' New Hampshire quadrangles with collar information should be available this spring (versions without collars are already available through our partner, GRANIT, the NH GIS repository).  We would like to work with USGS on 7.5' NH topos, but have not been able to make that happen.  We have not rescanned the rest of New England/NY, but we have stitched the quads and they should also be available in the spring.
We also will be working on the interface and updating accompanying text.
Thelma Thompson

Thelma B. Thompson
Government Documents and Maps Librarian
Liaison for Earth Sciences and Geography Departments
Associate Professor
Dimond Library
18 Library Way
University of New Hampshire