From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kollen, Chris
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 16:15:38 -0500
Hello:

A faculty member in Classics is looking at ruins and the location of
geologic faults for a class.  So she's looking for the most detailed
geologic maps she can find of Greece.  I found a couple of 1:50,000 scale
geologic map sets in OCLC but we're not sure exactly what sheets she needs.
She's given me the names and latitude and longitude.  I tried looking at the
index that omni has online but it's not clear enough to read and found an
index in GeoKatalog but it's all in Greek ( ha!)  and no coordinates.  Here
is what she's looking for by name and lat/long:

Delphi  38 deg 28' N; 22 deg 30'E
Nemea 37 deg 48'N;  22 deg 42'E
Olympia 37 deg 38'N; 21 deg 37'E
Tegea     37 deg 27'N; 22 deg 25'E
Corinth   37 deg 54'N; 22 deg 52'E
Isthmia   37 deg 54'N'; 22 deg 59'E
Santorini 36 deg 25'N'; 25 deg 25'E
Myceneu  37 deg 45'N; 22 deg 45'E

If someone can help me out with what sheets we need to request, I'll send an
ILL through.

Thanks

Chris Kollen
Chris Kollen