From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Francis Herbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 16:36:30 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 09:59:17 +0100
From: Francis Herbert <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: Status of Mapping
Sender: Francis Herbert <[log in to unmask]>

You do not mention a single work or source that you may have tried already.
Or even if you have contacted the Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Kartographie!
It would be useful to start with 'Inventory of world topographic mapping'
compiled by Rolf Boehme (London; New York: Elsevier Applied Science
Publishers on behalf of the International Cartographic Association, 1989-93)
in 3 volumes.  A new edition of 'World mapping today' by R.B. Parry and C.R.
Perkins is expected late this year (to be published by BOWKER SAUR); this
work (as in its first edition of 1987 by Butterworths) will also embrace
thematic mapping (e.g. geology, soils, vegetation, etc.) in both paper and
digital forms.
Francis Herbert (Curator of Maps, Royal Geographical Society (with the
Institute of British Geographers))

--- End Forwarded Message ---