From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 2010 08:06:41 -0500
Subject:        FW: SHMTS Meeting on June 12th: Mapping Paradise
Date:   Tue, 1 Jun 2010 13:54:27 +0100
From:   Nick Millea <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Nick Millea <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Friends of TOSCA,

Possibly of interest?

Nick

Nick Millea

Map Librarian, Bodleian Library, Broad Street, Oxford, OX1 3BG
Tel:      01865 287119
Fax:     01865 277139
Email:  [log in to unmask]
***PLEASE NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS!***

Homepage: http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk/guides/maps/

Temporary move of Special Collections:
More information at: www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/scmoves

On behalf of the Society for the History of Medieval Technology and
Science (SHMTS), I would like to invite you to join us for our next
talk.

Dr. Alessandro Scafi will be giving an illustrated talk on "Mapping
Paradise".  This will be presented on Saturday, 12 June at 2:30 pm at
the Museum of the History of Science in the Old Ashmolean Building,
Broad Street, Oxford. The talk will be followed by the Society's Annual
General Meeting.

Dr. Scafi is based at the Warburg Institute, London. He is the author of
Mapping Paradise: A History of Heaven on Earth.  More information on the
society is available at http://www.shmts.org.