From:
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 16:59:10 -0400
Subject: microfilm reader/printer
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 09:34:26 -0400
From: "Boardman, Richard" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

Hi,

Am looking for some opinions/advice/comments on a microfilm
reader/printer.
I currently have a used Minolta 607z reader/printer. It's adequate for
much
of my needs but an integral part has failed and our contract vendor is
not
anxious to replace it. The machine is no longer in production and I can
see
problems growing in the future. I've looked at both the Minolta and
Canon
digital copiers and both have their good and less than desirable points.
Does anybody have experience with either (or both) of these copiers? As
far
as I can tell, Minolta and Canon are the only two companies that make
microfilm reader/printer combinations. True? I'd welcome any experience
that
users have had, comments, suggestions, etc. Thanks.

Rich Boardman
Map Collection
Free Library of Philadelphia