From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jane Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 15:48:17 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 19:09:43 -0500
From: Jane Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Student needs Polish geologic and soil maps
Sender: Jane Carlson <[log in to unmask]>

Hi,

A graduate student doing research here at the University of Iowa would like
to know if any library within 6 hours driving distance of Iowa City might
have these maps?
He is willing to drive that far just to see them!  Please let me know if
any of the titles below is in anyone's map collection so I can pass the
information on the researcher. Also, if anyone might be able to
interlibrary loan them for a short time, I'm sure the student would be
grateful, but he really is willing to drive a long distance to see them.

1)   Przeglądowa mapa geologiczna Polski 1:300 000 (general geol. map of
Poland - surface sediments) "Wydanie A - utwory powierzchniowe"--many sheets

>2)  Poland surficial formations map with the quaternary = Mapa geologiczna
>     utworow powierzchniowych Polski z czwartorzedem  -- 4 sheets, 1986.

3)   Mapa gleb Polski 1:300 000 (soil map of Poland)

Thank you!

Jane Carlson
Map Collection Assistant
University of Iowa Libraries