From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 2010 08:15:31 -0500
Subject:        Re: iPad map ap suggestions?
Date:   Sat, 23 Oct 2010 19:48:17 -0400
From:   Michael Page <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship

Hi Hallie,

We had been looking for solution too over here at Emory. We were
especially interested in the ability to use them as field data
collectors. Anyhow, I went to Ted's (Avenza) presentation at NACIS in
St. Petersberg last week and the work they have done on the app is
fantastic. I especially like the ability to drop a waypoint and add
attributes. As an after thought I meant to ask Ted if there was (or will
be) a way to export the points with attributes so we could export them
into other programs (perhaps he could respond to that). Further, in one
of my GIS classes a few students for their final project are interested
in publishing geospatial PDF maps directed for use in iPad/iPhone. We
also have some existing geospatial PDFs we hope to offer up for this
platform. Good stuff.

Best regards,
Michael

--
Michael Page
Coordinator, Geospatial Services, Emory University Libraries

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 12:30 PM, Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]