From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Francis Herbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 15:28:56 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 18:08:26 +0100
From: Francis Herbert <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: 'Military mapping in the 20th century'
Sender: Francis Herbert <[log in to unmask]>

>From an A4-size information sheet, dated 7 September 2000, mailed to me by
Peter Chasseaud FRGS:-

"The University of Greenwich is organising a 1-day seminar, on 5th January
2001, with presentations and workshop sessions, entitled 'Military mapping
in the 20th century'.  Including sessions on the First and Second World
Wars, the Cold War, Small Wars, Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, etc.

To be held at Queen Anne Court, on the Maritime Greenwich Campus (the
historic former Royal Naval College) fronting the River Thames.

Registration ([GBP]15 including refreshments, lunch and tour of historic
campus) details and further information from:

Professor Peter Doyle, Dept of Earth & Environmental Sciences, University of
Greenwich, Pembroke, Chatham Maritime, Kent ME4 4TB, [UK].  Tel. :
[44](0)20-8331-9832 ; email : [log in to unmask]"

NB : I emailed Prof. Doyle yesterday (Monday) with offer to publicise this
event via Internet, but as of 18.00 hours today have had no response.
Additionally, as the now obsolete telephone code of 0181 was given on the
information sheet, I have updated this to the new 020 system.  Otherwise it
reads, apart from punctuation and insertion of square parentheses, as given.

Francis Herbert (Curator of Maps, RGS-IBG)
http://www.rgs.org
--- End Forwarded Message ---