From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 11:20:16 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 14:27:16 +0100
From: Francis Herbert <[log in to unmask]>
To: 'Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum' <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: Lake Havasu City (fwd)

Brendan

Thanks to John Long (see below) and to (ex-Brit) Ron Whistance-Smith (see
yesterday's reply), I need no longer explain to you the misinterpretion
element.  A similar example might be if (as I do - I never know when it
could be useful) I pick up a foreign coin off the pavement/sidewalk in
England: I don't then assume that the area surrounding it is within the
sovereignty/jurisdiction of that foreign coin!

Perhaps the signboard/explanation on/near (ex-)London Bridge was not clear
on its origin and on its inherent symbols regarding the City of London?

Francis