From:
Paula Messina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 1995 12:03:09 EDT
I'm a graduate student in the City University of New York's Earth and
Environmental Science program.  I am studying playa lakes in
California/Nevada with "sliding rocks."   There are about ten such
playas, including the Racetrack in Death Valley National Park, Little
Bonnie Claire in Nevada, among others.

Although the tracks of these "sliding rocks" have been studied, I am
wondering if any maps showing the trails exist.

Where might I look? Are there any searchable map databases, online or
otherwise, that may assist?  I would appreciate any "leads" that you may
have.  Please direct any replies to me via e-mail at the two addresses
listed below.  Thank you so much!

Paula Messina
City University of New York/Hunter College
Department of Geology and Geography
695 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10021

Please also send a CC to me at: