Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 1995 14:07:25 EDT
Having just come across the request for comment from the UK on
topographic maps, we at Bartholomew describe those of our products
emphasising the physical landscape as topographic. Generally this means
those using the Bartholomew hypsometric colouring (layer tinting).
Thus something like the Times Atlas we classify a topographic atlas.
On the other hand our Times imprint sheet maps are all political
maps (using different colours for admin divisions) and we do not
think of these as topographic maps.

regards

Tim Rideout
Bartholomew