From:
Kathy Spencer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 1996 15:34:19 EST
I would like to order a storage cabinet for our USGS CD-ROMS.  I found one
that would fit nicely in the area I would like to use and this same cabinet
would hold more than 900 CD's.  It is 6' tall by 3' wide shelving unit with
12 shelves.  There was one problem (or maybe it is not a problem?) the
shelves were only 4 1/4" deep.  When shelving the CD's so that you can read
the "spine" with title and item number they will overhang 1 1/4".  In other
words the CD's are 5 1/2" deep and the shelving is only 4 1/4" deep.  Has
anyone purchased similar type of shelving for CD's and is it standard for
the CD's to overhang more than an inch?

I want to thank all of the individuals who responded to my inquiry on
MARCIVE tapes and the LC and SuDoc schemes for government documents.
Everyone seems happy with our new government document section.

Kathy Spencer                   [log in to unmask]
Geology Library - UND           701/777/2408
P.O. Box 8358
Grand Forks, ND 58202-8358