From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Thoen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 15:59:36 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 16:11:43 -0600
From: Bill Thoen <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: SUMMARY: Favorite online GIS resource sites?
Sender: Bill Thoen <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],

Back in early August I asked you all for your suggestions on your
favorite GIS resources page(s). I got a lot of responses, so the summary
(with descriptions and links to all the sites mentioned and more) is at
http://www.ctmap.com/gisnet/notebook/GIS_Resources.htm.

The site that got the most votes was "Useful Sites for MapInfo Users"
(and some really glowing praise on top of that!) by Marjorie Roswell
(http://research.umbc.edu/~roswell/mipage.html), GISLinx's site at
http://www.gislinx.com was next. Even though my question got bounced
from all the ESRI lists as not being relevant to Arcview or Arc/INFO,
and so none of those readers had a chance to speak out, the ESRI site
(http://www.esri.com) was third, about even with the USGS
(http://www.usgs.gov).

GIS job resources were popular; several were mentioned. They appear at
the web page listed above and for nothing but GIS Job resources, there's
http://www.gisnet.com/gis/notebook/jobs.htm.

Several also mentioned that their favorite resource site is their own
bookmarks. So hopefully this will give you some more grist for your
mills!

Thanks again, everyone!
- Bill Thoen
--- End Forwarded Message ---