From:
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 2004 16:27:55 -0400
Subject: Re: folded and flat maps (was: BLM map folding)]
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 16:32:03 -0600 (MDT)
From: Thiry <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Hillary,

If you received the folded BLM maps as part of shipment 2003-16-TQ, there
is an explanation.  Many libraries (including ours) were missed in the
initial shipment of 16-TQ.  USGS noticed this problem, and corrected it.
However, the BLM maps are only left flat for depository shipments.  Since
we got late shipments, the BLM maps were taken from USGS's inventory,
which is exclusively made up of FOLDED BLM maps.  I am just happy to have
them.
I suspect the next BLM maps we receive will by flat.
--chris thiry
map librarian
colorado school of mines

--Christopher JJ Thiry