From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Nov 2005 07:24:01 -0600
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L

Subject: MAPS-L: THE Cities and THE towns
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005
From: J Novak <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

A quick query of our version of geographic names for the US yields about
3,500, with names of the form "the ".  Searching for names having " the
" embedded yields about 4,000 matches.

A brief examination of the query results indicates little to no
commonality between the two result sets.

Best,

John Novak
Novacell Technologies
http://www.novacell.com