From:
"Ratliff, Louise" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jul 2016 15:59:11 +0000
Forwarded FYI.
Louise

-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2016 8:53 AM
To: lis-maps messages <[log in to unmask]>; Carto Soc messages <[log in to unmask]>; Ordnance Survey Group messages <[log in to unmask]>; [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ordnancemaps] Map Curators' Toolbox

Dear colleagues

I am delighted to say that the Map Curators' Toolbox is now back online after a short hiatus. See http://www.cartography.org.uk/about/special-interest-groups/mcg/toolbox-index/

This online resource for map curators, librarians and archivists is sponsored by the Map Curators' Group of the British Cartographic Society. It aims to provide a starting point for anyone searching for information on maps and map curatorship - how to acquire, store, conserve, catalogue, date, interpret ... maps. If you know of a key resource that is not included, please let me know.

In particular, I'd be pleased to hear about suppliers of plan chests not already included in the Furniture section of our 'Equipment and Supplies' page:
http://www.cartography.org.uk/about/special-interest-groups/mcg/toolbox-index/toolbox-6-equipment-and-supplies/

Unfortunately the UK Directory of Map Collections is not yet available though we are working hard to restore service. It is temporarily still available at http://stage20.pindarcreative.co.uk/default.asp?contentID=705

Anne

--
Anne Taylor
Head of Map Department, Cambridge University Library, West Road, Cambridge CB3 9DR

!!VAT NUMBER: G.B. 823 8476 09!!

Posted by: Anne Taylor <[log in to unmask]>

The ordnancemaps group is independent of  The Charles Close Society  http://www.charlesclosesociety.org.uk and The Ordnance Surveys of Great Britain http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk, Northern Ireland http://www.osni.gov.uk/  and  Ireland http://www.osi.ie/ . Members may wish to check out past emails to the group in the ordnancemaps archive at http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/ordnancemaps

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: