From:
Date:
Thu, 23 Jun 2011 09:26:03 -0500
Subject: Re: [MAPS-L] index to topographic and other map coverage
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 07:24:16 -0700
From: Virginia R Hetrick PhD <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>

Hi, Rob, I've gone back and used virtually ancient indexes when
somebody asked me about a topo sheet that wasn't in the current index,
usually because of scale.  What you might want to think about is
collaborating with the State Library in Oly plus UW campuses, WSU
campuses, Central, Eastern, and and Evergreen as well as the community
colleges so there's some temporal coverage in the state.  Maybe having
digital copies of all the out-of-date ones would work though it'd be a
pain to put together.

Just my antiquated idea.

Virginia R. Hetrick, here in sunny California
Email:  [log in to unmask]
"There is always hope."
My fave:  http://www.washington.edu/cambots/camera1_l.gif
There's no place like:  34N 8' 25.40", 117W 58'5.36"
if you can't be at:  48N 6' 59.9" 122W 59' 54.2"