From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Virginia R. Hetrick
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 13:33:46 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 22:02:11 -0800
From: "Virginia R. Hetrick" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Workstation configuration
Sender: "Virginia R. Hetrick" <[log in to unmask]>

I've read over the proposed configuration and, speaking as one of
y'all's customers, I think you ought to be seriously concerned that the
larger format device (ZIP drive) is only suggested.  I think you ought
to have that in the main configuration.  I've sent a note to Cynthia
Entkin to that effect.

The main thrust of my objection to excluding it from the primary
configuration is that having to deal with the export of data in multiple
files on multiple floppy disks (especially when none of my computers
even HAS a floppy disk any more -- I boot off a ZIP drive) is next to
impossible.  When I did deal with it (I refuse to do this any more), it
was taking me longer to deal with the export and reimport than it was to
search out the data in the first place, walk over to the library to get
it and walk back to my lab (about 15 minutes in each direction).

I hope others will comment directly to the GPO.

vh
--
\ /     Virginia R. Hetrick, here in sunny California
 0      Voicemail:  310.471.1766  Email:  [log in to unmask]