From:
Gib Henry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 1994 09:27:18 EDT
>Macs with System 7 have "World Map" which allows you to find any
>direct-line distance between two points.  The map has numerous cities
>pre-loaded but you can add any place you want with the latitude and
>longitude.  I've set mine to determine the distance from Austin to other
>locations.  But it's very simple to reset it to determine distances between
>any two points. You can toggle between distances given in miles or
>kilometers.  It's also a good source for determining the time zone
>differences between any two places around the world.
>Stephen

If the bearings are any indication of accuracy, I wouldn't trust the Map
control panel too far.  Birmingham-Atlanta is indeed about 140 statute
miles as shown, but the bearing is about 85 degrees, not 24, as the Map
control panel shows.

Click on the abbreviation "mi", once to get km, again to get dg (degrees).
It seems to be accurate N/S, but not E/W.

Cheers!

--Gib Henry