From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2008 08:10:58 -0600
Subject:        Re: Gilbert Bland/Map Thief Again? REPORT IT!
Date:   Fri, 04 Jan 2008 09:02:25 -0500
From:   Stacey D. Maples <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

A related short series of postings on the "Map Trade" mailing lists
inquiring about the integrity of this scframers character have variously
described him as "honorable" and "recommend[ed]."  Interestingly, one of
these positive references came from one of the people posting suspicions
to /this /list.  Not sure what to make of that!? Just thought I would
inject the contrast between the two cartographic "vistas."

Has anyone directly contacted said cybertrader to invite him/her to
reveal their identity and clear this matter up?

Also, does anyone have a photo of this character?

Stacey

--

In F, L & T,
Stacey D. Maples

Yale University Map Collection
Sterling Memorial Library 7th Floor
130 Wall Street /P.O. Box 208240
New Haven, CT 06520-8240
P:203-432-8269 F:203-432-8240
www.library.yale.edu/maps

"It cannot be wisdom to assert the unique truth of one
faith over another.  The wise man makes justice his
guide and learns from all.  Perhaps in that way
the door may be opened again, whose key has been lost."
                -Akbar the Great-