From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ramona L. Reno
Date:
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 15:49:52 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 14:51:33 -0800 (PST)
From: "Ramona L. Reno" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Serial Set Maps project

The Nevada State Library and Archives is considering a stabilization
project for the Nevada maps and the American West maps in our Serial
Set.  We are considering removing the maps from the bound volumes and
encapsulating them for flat storage.  We are very interested in hearing
the experiences of those of you who have undertaken a similar project.

I posted this message to GOVDOC-L and will be contacting Donna Koepp at
the University of Kansas.  Her project sounds MUCH bigger than what we
have in mind, but very interesting.

What we would like is advice on labeling and classifying these maps once
removed.  Our maps are not currently classified and added to our
catalog.  We only have 15' and 7.5' maps and house these flat in maps
cases.

I do not subscribe to MAPS-L so PLEASE respond direct to me.

Thank you,

 _____________
|  Nevada     |
|   State     |    Ramona L. Reno
|    Library  |    Head of Federal Publications            (702) 687-8327
| *     and   |    Nevada State Library and Archives   Fax (702) 687-8330
 \    Archives|    100 N. Stewart Street
   \          |    Carson City, NV  89701-4285      [log in to unmask]
       \    __|    Depository 0352
         \__\

--- End Forwarded Message ---