From:
Shirley McLean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1993 09:52:59 EDT
I am a map curator with a problem.  Two years ago I set up, with the support
of my then HoD, a computerised system for cataloging Spatially-referenced
digital data.  We have a large and growing collection of such data and there
is an increasing demand for access to it.  Unfortunately, several members of
staff, who are critical to the success of this initiative, remain unconvinced
of the benefits of supporting a metadatabase of this kind.  They do not
recognise a need to manage our information resources in this way at all. I have
tried everything, including providing a written guide to our spatial data
library and giving a seminar.  I would very much appreciate your opinions on
this matter.  It may help my case if I pass your comments to my new HoD.  At
the moment I am a lone voice in the wilderness and very close to conceding
defeat !
Many thanks

Shirley McLean
Geographical Information Technician