From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2010 08:51:05 -0500
Subject:        Freely available GIS data on Jakarta?
Date:   Tue, 31 Aug 2010 16:36:14 -1000
From:   G. Salim Mohammed <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum
<[log in to unmask]>, GIS4LIB <[log in to unmask]>

Hi everyone-

I have a group of students interested in GIS data, primarily looking at
agricultural suitability, and as such are interested in crops,
fertility, salinity, coastal ecosystems, land cover data, elevation and
the like. They are interested in investigating an area with a 100 mile
buffer around Jakarta.   They are also interested in land classification
data such as  lands that are classified as subsidized farm land, urban
and rural coverages, etc.

Any ideas where I could get this sort of data? DIVA-GIS has some of the
layers we need but we need data at a larger scale and I don't have the
budget to make any purchases.

Thanks, Salim

--
G. Salim Mohammed, Maps/GIS Librarian
[log in to unmask] | 808-956-0833

http://magis.manoa.hawaii.edu

University of Hawai'i at Manoa Library
2550 McCarthy Mall, Honolulu, HI 96822, USA

"Live simply so others can simply live." -Gandhi.