From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 08:17:19 -0500
Subject:        Re: current state geologic map indexes
Date:   Mon, 17 Apr 2006 08:55:19 -0700
From:   Mary Larsgaard <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

what works well for me is to use
these 2 Web resources:

1. USGS's National Geologic Map Database
http://ngmdb.usgs.gov/

2. the Web page for the state geologic survey;
so for example, for California, I use:
http://www.consrv.ca.gov/cgs/

Mary

Mary Lynette Larsgaard

Director, Map Library

Assistant Head, Map and Imagery Laboratory

Davidson Library

University of California, Santa Barbara

Santa Barbara CA 93106

USA