From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 10:20:17 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 12:17:52 EST
From: Tom Hanley <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
Subject: Summajet 2C question

I wrote this to GIS-L a few days ago but have heard no response.
Message neither bounced nor has it been distributed to me.  You folk
have posted questions about plotters/printers, so I thought you might
have some experience with a Summajet 2C.  We have ours attached to a
LAN which, in theory, allows me to print to it from my office.  I
have installed it as one of my Windows printers.   It contains 4 megs
of RAM (required by the color plotter). I have been trying to print a
CorelDRAW 8 file to it (it is a map!!).  The first file was a bitmap
which I had imported into Corel then drew on.  The file was 1.77 megs
and the printer gave an out of memory message after it parsed to 1.7
megs.  I deleted the bitmap so the file is down to 33 kb.  It
attempted to print a couple of times getting past 5% then it hung
up.  I have tried printing the same file a few of times and the last
couple of  times it ran out of memory before it finished parsing.

The language being emulated is HP GL2.

Surely there is a problem other than RAM.

I have been trying to get to the diagnostic menu, but can't quite.
Any ideas??

Thanks.
Tom Hanley, Department of Chemistry and Geology, Columbus State U.,
4225 University Ave., Columbus, Georgia 31907-5645.
Links to NEW 1999 pictures I took in Panama may be found at:
http://chemgeo.ColState.edu/th_hp.htm
VOX: 706-568-2074; FAX: 706-569-3133.