From:
John A Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2017 14:45:57 +0000
Greetings,

Please excuse any duplicate e-mails.

 I once again have a partial map scan request from a faculty member here that is needed for an upcoming publication. The map is titled "Chart showing longitude-stations and connections determined by the U.S. Coast Survey by means of the electric telegraph between 1846 and 1877, incl.," Carlile P. Patterson, Supt. 1877.  Map No. 3 and is found in:

Report of the Superintendent of the United States Coast Survey Showing the Progress of the Work for the Fiscal Year Ending with June, 1876 (Washington, DC, 1879)

The specific document and map can be found on the NOAA library website but the map he is seeking was only scanned at 300dpi and he needs the map scanned as a 600 or 1200dpi TIF for publication purposes. He doesn't need the entire map, he only needs the northeast quarter of the map scanned.

So if anyone can assist with scanning the map portion in question, it would be very much appreciated. Please let me know if you can assist with this request. Thanks.

John A. Olson
Librarian for Government and Geo-Information
Department of Research & Scholarship

t 315.443.4818  f 315.443.9510

358 E.S. Bird Library, 222 Waverly Ave., Syracuse, NY 13244
library.syr.edu

Syracuse University