From:
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 2011 08:07:33 -0600
Subject:        Re: Looking for SuDocs for 1950 Seattle and Vicinity
Date:   Tue, 13 Dec 2011 23:01:14 +0000
From:   Mark Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship

Let me first say that I took this opportunity to do some research into
SuDoc numbers - I am by no means an expert. That said, using the
classification manual at the FDLP site
(http://www.fdlp.gov/home/repository/doc_view/1172-classification-manual-1993?tmpl=component&format=raw

<http://www.fdlp.gov/home/repository/doc_view/1172-classification-manual-1993?tmpl=component&format=raw>)

what I came up with is: I 19.81:47122-D2-TF-024/1950

Although the USGS I 19:81 stem is nominally for the 7.5 minute
quandrangles, indicates the I 19:81/2 is for smaller scale maps from the
USGS so I think I 19:81 is correct for a 1:24000 USGS map. The D2 I got
from the closest corner to the map - I actually used the corner of the
Renton, WA quad as it was used to construct this one. TF is for
topographic maps in feet, scale of 24,000 is represented by 024, and the
date of publication.

You'll have to decide if I've done it right. Good luck.
--
Dr. Mark Jackson
Brigham Young University

On Dec 13, 2011, at 9:54 AM, Angie Cope, American Geographical Society
Library, UW