From:
Natalie Edery <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 15 May 1995 19:34:29 EDT
Hi there, I hope I am not posting in the wrong conference, but, here
goes.  My name is Chris Snyder (I am using my wife's 'net account) and
I am looking for information with respect to the existence of a road
map/atlas covering large parts of the world.  My wife and I are planning
a world wide bicycle tour, starting next year, and were looking for a
reliable source for road maps for around the world.  We are planning to
carry a laptap computer with us (IBM-PC compatible), possibly with an
external CD rom, if required for things like maps, etc.  We may also try
and rig up a system of having remote communication/internet access via
satellite (by carrying a portable, lightweight transmitter/reciever??),
so access to on-line road map/atlas may also be feasible.  I am
rambling, but I really have no idea if map/related information like this
is available or I don't have any contact organizations/people to ask
about this.  If anyone has ANY information on this topic, I would
greatly appreciate hearing from you.  Again, if  this is an
inappropriate posting, please accept my apologies.  Thanks in Advance,
Chris Snyder