From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2008 08:11:51 -0500
Dear ALA Member:

Geographic information has increasingly been infused into our
professional lives, both in the form of maps and the myriad of digital
geospatial tools such as Google Earth, GPS, and GIS; this is apparent in
the increasingly cross-disciplinary trend we see in libraries and the
introduction of new geographically-oriented technologies.

The GeoTech Committee, a part of the Maps and Geography Round Table
(MAGERT), would like provide our expertise to you in the most relevant
form on the most relevant geographic topics.  To do so, we kindly
request a moment or two of your valuable time to complete a very short
survey.  This will assist us in determining what is important for you,
so that we can tailor our programming at ALA 2010 in Washington D.C from
June 24 - 30, 2010 and in future years.

The survey is located at
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=5WnYX_2fgK_2b2qhm_2bH_2bdOutHg_3d_3d
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=5WnYX_2fgK_2b2qhm_2bH_2bdOutHg_3d_3d>  and should take no more than 3 minutes to complete.

If you are aware of other ALA members who would be interested in this
survey, please forward the URL on to them directly for their
participation.  On behalf of all of the GeoTech Committee members, we
very much appreciate your time and feedback and again, thank you!

Sincerely,

Kathy Weimer, Chair-Elect, MAGERT
Coordinator of Map and GIS Collections and Services
Texas A&M University Libraries
College Station, TX 77843-5000
979-845-6588

For

Tracey Hughes
GIS Coordinator & Chair of ALA MAGERT GeoTech Committee
Social Sciences & Humanities Library
University of California San Diego
http://govinfo.ucsd.edu/gis/
Email: t2hughes at ucsd.edu