Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 10:44:01 -0500
Hi Everyone,

I was fortunate enough to attend the last NACIS conference held in
Madison, Wisconsin and I can't say enough about how great this
conference was. I found a number of the sessions very relevant and
interesting for map librarians. The venues are smaller than the ALA
conferences and the smaller size of the conference (again compared to
ALA) offers an opportunity to meet people, say hello, share ideas and
establish relationships with other map librarians. Cost of membership is
only $40 a year and the costs of attending the conferences is way less
expensive than the larger ALA conference. I feel that NACIS is an
under-discovered professional organization for map librarians and I hope
more maps-l subscribers will look into joining and attending this
conference.

The next NACIS meeting will be in St. Louis, Missouri from October
10-13, 2007. I encourage you to attend or propose a map librarian
related paper, presentation or poster.

For more information, visit the NACIS web site: www.nacis.org.

Angie
AGS Library

sending this unauthorized announcement as a NACIS fan ...