From:
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 1996 14:15:40 EST
2 messages.----------------------Johnnie

>From: Sue Haffner <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: DMA Maps & Tubes
>Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 06:53:15 -0800 (PST)

I want to thank those who responded to my plea about the
DMA map tubes.  I am glad, also, that the subject of
recyclability was brought up.  Our library mail clerk also
will not handle the tubes, but will accept the triangular
stapled packages for recycling.
(Do you suppose anyone involved with DMA shipping might
just happen to monitor comments on this list?)

Sue Haffner
CSU Fresno Map Library

>Date: 27 Mar 96 11:11:31 EST
>From: Russell Guy <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: DMA tubes

Eric at UT CIC wrote:

< I agree whole-heartedly though that the triangle USGS shippers are the best..

We have trouble with the triangular tubes in that often the maps end up with
creases every 3-4 inches.  This happens more often when the "tube" is full than
when it is empty.  We have the best luck with 2-1/2" or 3" diameter tubes.

Russell Guy
OMNI Resources