From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jul 2005 14:51:13 -0500
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L
Subject: Re: MAPS-L: For or against dust covers?
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 15:34:20 -0400
From: John A. Stevenson <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

In the spring DLC meeting's Depository Library 401: Disaster Recovery
presentation, I believe that one of the speakers cautioned that some
dust covers may bleed color into the maps of they get wet and that acid
free folders were a better choice. It was also noted that red ink bleeds
when dampened while permanent black ink did not.

The PowerPoint presentations are linked from the bottom of this page:
http://www.access.gpo.gov/su_docs/fdlp/pubs/proceedings/05spring/contents.html

John A. Stevenson
Coordinator, Government Documents and Maps Processing Unit
University of Delaware Library