From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 15:08:01 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 11:19:45 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
From: Jean Kan <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: GIS data for Cameroon (fwd)

Chris,

In additional to the DCW (Digital Chart of the World) by the Ph.D.
Associates, I'd recommend a geo-referenced dataset entitled: Africa
Data Sampler (ADS), 1995  by World Resources Institute in
collaboration with World Conservation Monitoring Centre and Padco,
Inc.  This ADS CD-ROM contains data for all african countries in
ArcInfo .e00 format that can be converted to ArcView's shape files.
ADS contains data on drainage, topography, infrastructure, parks and
protected areas, forests, wetlands, and sub-national administrative
boundaries with corresponding population estimates, though not all
data sets are available for all countries.  We paid $199 for this
dataset back in 1997.

WRI web site:  http://www.wri.org/cat-afri.html

Jean

Jean Kan   (650)725-1103