From:
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 16:23:00 -0400
Subject: Ordering the cool historical maps
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 21:26:49 -0700
From: "Virginia R. Hetrick" <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
If you go to:

http://mac.usgs.gov/mac/isb/pubs/factsheets/fs15499.html

you will get a fact sheet that has ordering instructions on it.

The original pointer to:

http://rockyweb.cr.usgs.gov/historicmaps/historicmapsfromlca.html

has the stock numbers and the price lists ( and the pointer to the fact
sheet
WAY down at the bottom).

I already have printed out the big version of the Map of North America
in
anticipation of getting my very own really truly printed copy in the
mail
shortly.  It's driving my computer students crazy because they can't
understand
how somebody could do something in that much detail "without a
computer".
They're totally impressed.  I showed them Raisz's Landforms and that
really got
them interested.  Then, I showed them a chart of Singapore Roads done by
the
folks aboard the Beagle.  When they can't find computer jobs after
graduation,
maybe some of them will be interested in cartography (she hopes!).

HTH.

virginia
--
\ /     Virginia R. Hetrick, here in sunny California
 0      Voicemail:  310.471.1766  Email:  [log in to unmask]