Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2007 09:45:46 -0500
Subject:        RE: Contex/Vidar Wide Format Scanners with Plus card option
Date:   Wed, 06 Jun 2007 07:28:20 -0700
From:   Virginia R. Hetrick, Ph.D. <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Hi, John -

I was on a trip to the frozen north last week and had the opportunity to
scan some drawings in a couple of places for a project I'm working on.
One place had the Plus option and it seemed to me to be a faster scan
than the other two places.  Since I was zooming through the area, and I
didn't take notes about good, bad, and ugly, I don't remember which of
the three it was.  Putting a value on the speed seems to me to be kind
of arbitrary.  If the scanner is used a lot, i.e., people are doing lots
of scans, it will probably max the amount of work that can be done.

For me, it's a little like what happened when I got my first computer
with enough memory to work pretty much at "don't wait" speed because
there was enough memory to have both my drawing program and Word open
without having to use the paging space on the hard drive.

HTH.

\ /     Virginia R. Hetrick, here in sunny California
0      Email:  [log in to unmask]
Oo     "There is always hope."
My fave:  http://www.washington.edu/cambots/camera1_l.gif