From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2008 20:46:31 -0500
----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Kenneth A. Mr. Grabach" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, August 1, 2008 3:06:45 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: RE: Forest Service 7.5 minute topos in with USGS

I think how horrid it is that they appear together, Forest Service modified maps, and the 'regular' USGS issued versions, depends
on what the needs of users, and of the library, and the purpose behind the policy.

I file them together, because even if content is different between the two versions, they are of the same quadrangle, the
base map is the same, and apart from the Forest Service information, they have the same data.  I see them as two editions
of the same map.  I use state series records for the USGS versions, and National Forest series records for the Forest Service
versions, for record keeping purposes.  So for me, it is not horrid at all that they are filed together, but that serves mine
the library's, and our users' purposes.

Ken

Ken Grabach                         <[log in to unmask]>
Maps Librarian                         Phone: 513-529-1726
Miami University Libraries
Oxford, Ohio  45056  USA