From:
Linda R Zellmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 2016 12:41:25 -0600
Hello,

I found the fact that someone else is offering Daily Weather Maps interesting, because I just searched the online maps to make sure that they were all in the online version before discarding some last week. In the same drawer there was a selection of something called the Special Weather Maps from the Weather Bureau. Since no library has ever cataloged them, and they contain information that might be useful elsewhere, I decided to contact NOAA to see if they wanted them. Turns out the National Hurricane Center wanted the ones we had.

Before sending them off, I decided to scan part of the most interesting set, from October 5-11, 1941. I have put them into a PowerPoint presentation for posterity (http://faculty.wiu.edu/LR-Zellmer/SWM_10_1941.pptx). You might want to take a look at the hurricane track during that week. Linda Zellmer

--
Linda Zellmer
Government Information & Data Services Librarian