From:
Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 2011 14:34:37 -0500
Subject: RE: Maps Plotter Policy
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 19:06:35 +0000
From: Huber, Tom <[log in to unmask]>
To: 'Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship'

Carlos,

Here at the Illinois State Library I am the only one to operate our
plotter. We charge $1 per sq. ft. for color copies or scans and .25 per
sq. ft. for b&w. We don't allow patrons or other members of the staff to
operate the plotter---things can get complicated quickly depending on
what a patron wants (we don't have a lot of walk-in traffic, and those
that do don't want a crash course in plotter operation) and we have
reoccurring problems with the plotter software (hopefully you're not
stuck with HP). I do have back-ups for when I'm out of the office.

Cheers!

Tom Huber
Map Librarian
Illinois State Library
Gwendolyn Brooks Building
300 S. 2nd St.
Springfield, Illinois 62701
(217) 782-5823
FAX: (217) 524-0041

Jesse White - Secretary of State and State Librarian