From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 14:11:49 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 17:38:27 -0800 (PST)
From: Lily Wai <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Distribution of USGS digital spatial data
Sender: Lily Wai <[log in to unmask]>

Hi, all: below are the history of my correspondences with people who have
control of the digital spatial data.  I thought I would share this
information with you all.  I was not aware that digital data is no longer
included in the USGS FDLP distribution program.  Some states got lucky
just because the data were produced pre 1998.  I was told the National
Mapping Division of USGS has a policy specified only free distribution of
topographic paper editions to FDLP, but did not include any of the digital
spatial data.  See the messages below for details.  Sorry about the long
messages.  I just wonder how many of us are aware that digital data is no
longer being distributed to FDLP automatically by agencies.  Lily

Lily Wai                                Phone: 208-885-6344
Head of Government Documents            Fax:   208-885-6817
University of Idaho Library (0135)      E-Mail:[log in to unmask]
Moscow, ID 83844-2353                   http://www.lib.uidaho.edu/govdoc