From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2011 08:25:17 -0500
Subject:        New Issue of Journal of Map & Geography Libraries is published
Date:   Tue, 31 May 2011 17:06:09 -0400
From:   Paige Andrew <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Just a quick announcement to make everyone aware that Volume 7(2), May
2011, of the /Journal of Map & Geography Libraries/ is published and now
available online. Go to:
http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/title~content=t792306932~db=all and
click on "Issue 2" under the Volume 7 header to get to a table of
contents for this issue.

This was a general issue with a range of articles touching on topics
such as cataloging of early atlases; a new technique for using a
visualization tool for assessing an atlas collection; assessing
collection development needs in a map collection via reference inquiry
analysis; knowledge domain visualization (KDV) techniques employed on
cartographic collections, to a look at cross-campus GIS/GPS services and
how they relate to a specific map collection and more. You may have seen
a post last week here on MAPS-L on one of the papers in this issue which
I mention above, "Early Printed Atlases: Shaping Plato's 'Forms' Into
Bibliographic Descriptions" by Todd Fells and Jan Smits.

I invite you to take a close look at the entire content of this issue
and share thoughts with me and my co-editor, Kathryn Weimer. The last
issue of 2011 will be published in September and will close a theme on
"Geographic Opportunities in Medicine" that was launched with our Volume
7(1) earlier this year.

As always, we welcome inquiries about publishing an article in our
journal, which is peer-reviewed and international in scope, and we look
forward to contributions from readers of this list and those who are not
here, so please do pass the word about JMGL to your colleagues!

Sincerely,

Paige Andrew
Co-Editor, /Journal of Map & Geography Libraries/
and Maps Cataloging Librarian
Pennsylvania State University