From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2009 08:33:25 -0600
Subject:        Re: Fwd: India district shapefile
Date:   Tue, 03 Feb 2009 11:34:37 -1000
From:   G. Salim Mohammed <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

The CDC has shapefiles of Asia by country, and they say, first level
administrative boundaries,
which I think they mean states (believe there are 28 states and 7 union
territories, otherwise its an outdated shapefile).  Might be something
that your student can build on.

Click on Asia Shapefiles link on here under the Asia/Australia section.

http://magis.manoa.hawaii.edu/gis/data.html

Hope this helps, Salim

--
G. Salim Mohammed, Maps/GIS Librarian
[log in to unmask] | 808-956-0833

http://magis.manoa.hawaii.edu

University of Hawai'i at Manoa Library
2550 McCarthy Mall, Honolulu, HI 96822, USA

"Live simply so others can simply live." -Gandhi.