From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 2010 10:17:29 -0500
Subject:        Re: WWII silk maps
Date:   Wed, 21 Apr 2010 10:23:09 -0400
From:   Joel Kovarsky <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship

There is another nice article online, by Barbara Bond, from a 1983 issue
of _The Map Collector_:
http://www.kunstpedia.com/PDFArticles/Maps%20Printed%20on%20Silk.pdf .
These are not that expensive, and some of the online offerings are
actually post-WWII (Cold War era) maps. While this might be better
posted to MapHist, there are not, to my knowledge, any centralized
pricing vehicles (such as www.maprecord.com) that show many of these
titles, since they are late by antiquarian standards. You can find them
scattered in a variety of places, including eBay, but prices do not
often exceed $40-50 (I'm sure there are exceptions), and frequently are
less.

The maps are not just British: http://www.escape-maps.com/ (tied to the
site you link in the original message).

             Joel Kovarsky